Friday, September 11, 2009

Milwaukee Indeed.

So I made it to Milwaukee. The flights were pretty un eventful for the most part although three in our group of five did not make it the terminal in time for their connecting flight. Fortunately, there was one not long after. Once we all arrived Kurt took us out to dinner which was very nice and then I ditched everyone and took off to the bars here. I have a lot of observations, too many to really list here since I should already be in bed, but I have to say that gay bars in other cities are odd by New Orleans standards. Regardless, I think I have found the couple of bars that will be my home bars while in town. The Triangle and Kruz. The names really do not match their atmospheres but they are pretty cool. Kruz reminds me a lot of Lafittes. Triangle, I am not sure how to describe. The walls are made of tin, the kind of rippled tin my childhood home had on it. The people, are like lantern folk crossed with Flannigan's if you can imagine that. Well I have to be off to bed, check in for the conference is at some ungodly hour that I believe should be banned. Love you all and see you soon.

6 comments:

  1. Click your heels together and repeat..."There's no place like New Orleans..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say the sessions today were quite fascinating. Will post more later. I need a nap before the reception. What exactly is a cheese curd? Sounds like something you would remove from the cheese and dispose of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the beginning of what will one day become cheese. They are exceedingly popular in Wisconsin! Try them deep fried. The locals call them "squeeky cheese"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEE!!! i'm not the only person asking for cheese! BRING IT

    ReplyDelete