Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lets Talk About Bias Verses Ignorance

Ok one social blog: I grew-up in Texas and delt with a lot social conflict such as racism, classism, and homophobia. One of the reasons I moved to New Orleans was to avoid such things. Yes we have social conflict here in New Orleans but it is something that is not acceptable in my circles, but it seems ok to stereotype me as a Texan, being arrogent, self-involved and cocky. This was pointed out to me tonight. Seriously? I will joke about stereotypes, basically because they are ignorant spweings of people, but to meet someone that refuses to accept me as an intelligent person because of where I was born is offensive. Like I said, not too rant too much, but give me a break. That is like saying someone from California can not eat meat. Made my point? hehehe

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely ridiculous. How can anyone reach that conclusion about you? He's obviously someone who hasn't a clue who you are or what you are like. Pay no attention to those people behind the curtain, Sam.

    However, those stories about the Californians ... ? That's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...I think that being perceived as an ignorant redneck might have some advantages. Like, knowing someone who can pull your pickup out of the lake without the cops knowing or how to "shotgun" a beer....I don't know. Don't you people manufacture crystal meth? There is a great demand in this city. Sam, I thought we taught you to ignore these fuckers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Californians elected Arnold to lead their state. Smaht. Very smaht.

    ReplyDelete