Saturday, June 6, 2009

From the Doctor

Well I went to the doctor today and I do have a cracked rib, but he gave me some pills that make the world all better. After, I went for a couple of drinks (which I was quickly informed was against my best interest, but I did any way). As the night progressed, I was also informed that as an adult I should not have a roommate anymore. Apparently, in some bizarre way that makes me less of a person. I want to be very clear about this: I lived alone for the ten years before Katrina, quite comfortably. I choose to live with someone that is very cool and a nice compliment to myself. She is my friend and my confidant, and I challenge anyone to question this. And if any person thinks that it is odd for a gay man to live with a straight woman, I say get over yourself. It is rare that you find a friend that will watch-out for you, deal with your short-comings, and ignore your indiscretions. There is way too much judgment romping about concerning how people should be, or what they should do. I ascribe to being content and happy, which even with my bouts of depression I am very happy with certain things, my roommate and my friends (i.e. my family) are at the top of the list.

3 comments:

  1. People who don't know what they're talking about should mind their own business. Why should anyone not have a roommate? Maybe the singular dweller is just difficult to live with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ignore your indescretions. I LIVE BY them! You're making me all teary~eyed with the beautiful things you said about me!!!

    And having a roommate is quite COMMON among adults. Again, I say, DON'T think less of yourself because some judgemental crackpot says something. You are better than that...and THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to think you are probably right Glenn. And Nise, just telling the truth, having a partner in crime is simply divine! hehehe

    ReplyDelete