Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Welcome to the Mountains


Well I got into West Virginia with very few problems. Although since it has been so long since I have flown I was unaware of the new rules. Apparently, you can take a lighter through security now but not a drink. I know the reasons for this but it is just so odd the rules keep changing. I got into Charleston which was amazingly small and Will was at the airport bar (imagine that) waiting on me. We drove the hour back to Beckley, got some groceries then headed up the mountain. I actually got a little car sick from the altitude change, the jet-lag and the VERY winding roads. Yesterday we went shopping all day in Beckly, I thought it would be cooler her so I didn't bring shorts so we had to fix that. Last night we got uber-drunk and called everybody in New Orleans, you know we love you guys. Today we slept in then went to Hinton, WV. It was absolutely beautiful! Hope guys are doing well and I post more in a couple of days. But attached is one of the pics I took today. Will is on dial-up so I will have to wait till I get back to post all the pics.

4 comments:

  1. It was mostly the altitude change and the twisting roads. Will says HEY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got there safely and are having a good time. Tell Will "Hi" and I'll see you both week after next!

    ReplyDelete