Sunday, February 8, 2009

Krewe de Viex '09 (for non-New Orleanians that is the first parade of Mardi Gras)

I wish I could comment on the parade this past evening but unfortunately, I was stuck trying to wrangle tourists for a tour. I pose the question: Who comes to New Orleans and forgoes a Mardi Gras parade for a haunted tour? We had 26 people, more than we have had in the past couple of months. I give-up on understanding the visitor mind-set. I just now know that I will never, ever accept a tour on a night when there is a parade running through the quarter. It is too much chaos. But at least I got to see my sister, wife and fag hag, for a little bit tonight. My muses as they are: mind, body and spirit, and you can figure-out which is which if you know them. Tomorrow, I have to go into work AGAIN to do payroll so it is official I am working too much. Yesterday we completed our Homeland Security training for Mardi Gras. It was very interesting but god-help us if we have to use it.
Right now, I can not sleep yet again so I am watching Lara Croft, which these movies are a little secret love of mine. Perhaps it is because Angelina Joliet reminds me of my sister (inside joke and nothing creepy I swear. I will just let Spoke explain.)

2 comments:

  1. O my which sister could you be talking about? I love you and miss you. Stay out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks brother dear!! you know i will never let you live this one down!

    ReplyDelete