Friday, October 9, 2009

Direct Sunlight

The doctor came in while Will and another friend were visiting and he allowed them to take me to the 4th floor deck and sit in the sun for a minute and have a smoke. I was really more excited about the whole getting out of the room for a few minutes but the cigarette was nice as well. It is funny, after I had it I was pretty ambivalently about it, I think it was more of the whole principle of the thing more than anything. The clots seem to be pretty well dissipating but my red cell count is still a little high so they are going to keep me at least one more night, maybe through the weekend depending on the tests tomorrow and there after. I am just glad I can actually get out of bed a little bit now, although the doctor doesn't want me getting carried away with it. I am glad to comply to restrictions as long as I can have a little bit of freedom. It really does not take much to make a monkey happy ya know.

6 comments:

  1. good to hear you're getting better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, maybe one day they will actually let me go home hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news! Hope you get out tomorrow but you'll be out soon -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's the food? Is there a decent wine list? Glad you're getting better. Been worried about you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the wine selection here is terrible, fortunately my own personal bartender does make hospital calls (EG). Yeah I might have to stay through the weekend but mostly because my regular Doctor is off till Monday and I think he will want to discharge me himself.

    ReplyDelete