Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Welcome to my World

So just before my birthday the 2nd, I started having problems with my left leg. The doctor thought it was an infection and gave me antibiotics. It got worse. I made an appointment to see another doctor on Monday he informed me he thought it was a blood-clot and immediately sent me for an ultrasound. It was positive for a blood-clot and so they admitted me to the emergency room at Touro hospital. John and Danny lugged me and and hand held me till they got me into a room and visiting hours ended. Then the nurse came in and informed me the doctor scheduled another ultrasound for the morning and no food or drink, not even my lovely 20 oz Coca-Cola the boys bought me! Well now I have been here 24 hours. I have seen my regular doctor Dr. Scott, a cardiologist, a hematologist, a social worker, and a chapel. The result is as follows from my understanding: I have low levels of B-12 and folic acid coupled with a couple of other odd little things associated with high red-cell counts which is a perfect scenario for a blood-clot. So anyway, that is the long and the short of what has happened. I was hoping to come home tomorrow but now it seems it will be Thursday instead. All I want to do is go home!

3 comments:

  1. 782 I was in here all alone last night but now I have a roommate who's children were very loud during visiting hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they caught it when they did. Banish the children for god's sake. Be well, Sam. I love you and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete