Saturday, October 10, 2009

Medical Update

First-off, I am so tired of these injections in my stomach (lovinox is the injectable blood thinner), but I digress. As of this morning the amount of coumadin, the oral blood thinner, is still too low. They just increased my dosage from 7 to 10 mg. As a result, I suspect I will be here through the weekend, but that is okay with me at this point. I am feeling a lot more stable and content, if not happy about being here. The nurses are great and have been wonderful about checking on me, although I thought nurse Terry was going to spank me last night for walking around on the floor without a wheelchair. But I am keeping my promise to the doctor and not spending too much time walking, just enough to keep me from going insane, well more insane than I already am anyway. Well if nothing else, I hope to be back home by Monday afternoon but still have no idea what restrictions I am going to be under although Will, Charlotte, John and Danny are fully prepared to lock me away or strap me down to make sure I follow orders. I get the feeling they think I am defiant or something and won't follow the doctor's instructions.

4 comments:

  1. "I get the feeling they think I am defiant or something and won't follow the doctor's instructions."

    Well, Mary ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not that bad. The thing is you must know how to talk to the monkey, to treat the monkey, to love the monkey, then and only then will the monkey comply :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh just use the restraints, it will be much simpler that way... not to mention more fun!! bwahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monkeys are not so easily restrained.

    ReplyDelete